Allium Vineale Hair Bulbs
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in October
- SPACING2" between bulbs
- LIGHTFull sun or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial, zones 4-9
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES10 bulbs
- Botanical NameMuscari armeniacum
- Common NameGrape hyacinth
This little weirdo has our hearts. Vineale Hair Allium grows up tall with bright magenta flowers that sprout unruly green tendrils. Unapologetically strange, perfect for adding a little pop of the unexpected to your Spring garden.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Needs freezing Winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 4" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 4" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the Fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.