Amaryllis Alfresco Bulb
( / )
- SPACING1-2" between bulbs
- LIGHTBright indoor light
- ZONEGrow indoors anywhere, anytime
- INCLUDES1 bulb in a cloth gift bag with a wooden plant marker
Alfresco Amaryllis have a beautiful flush of fully double white blooms and are a bouquet all on their own, with strong stems and each bulb producing a striking display. Classic for a reason.
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Grow indoors in a warm bright spot
- WATER Keep the soil lightly and evenly moist once the bulbs starts to grow
- INDOOR+POTS Grow in a container indoors
How to Plant
Amaryllis can be potted with or without soil. We'll send you directions on how to do both!
Where to Plant
A bright room indoors, or a sunny windowsill. If you are planting numerous bulbs in one container, space bulbs about 1" apart.
When to Plant
Plant about 8 weeks before you want blooms, you can store the bulbs in a cool dark place until you're ready to plant.
When to Expect Blooms
About 8 weeks after planting.
Take care that the bulb is not in contact with the standing water if growing without soil, and if potting in soil, do not over-water as the bulb is prone to rot - the soil should be kept just barely damp.
The tall stalks with large blooms are top-heavy. Rotating your growing container regularly will help the tall bulb grow straight, and adding a little stick to support the blooms can help as well.