Gen X Garden Kit: 15 Plants
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES15 plants in 2.5" pots, 3 each of Small Red Canadian Tobacco, Chocolate Lace Flower, Bunny Tail Grass, Love in a Mist Delft Blue, Xanthos Cosmos
Small Red Canadian Tobacco is lovely, with sweet pink, tubular blooms. Chocolate Lace Flower is easy to grow, easy to love, with a sweet subtle scent. Bunny Tail Grass is a low growing variety, perfect for the front of a cutting garden. Love in a Mist Delft Blue has brush strokes of purple-ish blue atop white petals that makes it look like antique glazed pottery. Xanthos Cosmos are a delicate yellow color with a green undertone.
Includes 15 young plants, 3 of each of these five varieties, for you to grow the garden of your dreams: Small Red Canadian Tobacco, Chocolate Lace Flower, Bunny Tail Grass, Love in a Mist Delft Blue, Xanthos Cosmos.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 1-3ft when full grown
- SPACING 3x5 ft of garden space, 9-12" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer and autumn long, until frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Harvest tobacco leaves when they are yellow-brown. The Chocolate Lace Flower can be made into a dye. Love in a Mist is a champion self-seeder.