Smokey Eyes Larkspur Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT4ft when full grown
- SPACING6-9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NameConsolida ajacis
Smokey eyes larkspur smacks of summer romance. Delicate light purple blossoms with occasional green piping makes you wish you could wear them. Friend to bees and butterflies and hummingbirds.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- CLIMATEPrefers cool, moist weather
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Stick in the dirt 1/4" deep, 2" apart. Water gently, being careful not to expose the seeds, as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 9-12".
Where to Plant
Full sun or part shade.
When to Plant
Direct sow in garden in the late fall (for mild winters) or very early spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All through spring and early summer.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers to encourage more blooms.
Grow with snapdragons, dahlias, or sunflowers for a stunning array of vertical blooms.