Statice Suworowii Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING2" between seeds, thin to 9-12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-11
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NamePsylliostachys suworowii
Statice Suworowii will make you smile, with it's wandering purple plumes. A favorite of kids (soft, perfect wands!) and has a modern sculptural look that pairs well with Love in a Mist.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet Summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Plumes can be dried for all-season color.