Kiragami Ornamental Oregano
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in March, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameOriganum kirigami
This fragrant but non-edible variety of oregano has sculptural cascading hop-shaped blooms that are a pale green to blush color. Low growing, it looks great in the foreground of the garden. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 12"when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers and indoors.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
We're here for the foliage.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells.
A good choice for rock gardens, slopes, and containers.