Tulip Super Parrot Bulbs
( / )
- SPACING3" between bulbs
- LIGHTFull sun or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-8
- INCLUDES12 bulbs in a cloth bag, with a wooden plant marker
- Botanical NameTulipa
Super Parrot tulips are the most photogenic weirdos of all, with ruffled green and pure white petals that open gradually to just get more and more beautiful as they age.
- DEER Not deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible petals
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Needs freezing Winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 6" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 3" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the Fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms? Pick some bouquets?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.