Muscari Valerie Finnis
( / )
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-8
- SHIPPINGBeginning in fall
- INCLUDES12 bulbs in a cloth bag, with a wooden plant marker
- Common NameGrape Hyacinth
12 Bulbs: Muscari will gradually spread, or 'naturalize' if they are happy, creating little fairy carpets of petite blooms. The Valerie Finnis Muscari are named after the late Valerie Finnis, a famed British photographer and plant breeder; Valerie was a vivacious trailblazer who brought an artists eye to her work. The light blue color of Valerie Finnis Muscari look excellent mixed with the common purple varieties.
- HEIGHT 4-6"
- SPACING 1-3" between bulbs
- LIGHT Full sun or part-shade
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATENeeds cool winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 3" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 3" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid spring, around the same time as Tulips.
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms? Pick some mini bouquets?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.