Madame Butterfly Bronze Snapdragon
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT36" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun or part shade
- ZONEAnnual in zones 2-11, tender perennial in zones 7-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameAntirrhinum majus
Madame Butterfly Bronze Snapdragon is a tall and stately flower, with spires of double-blossoms that are a sophisticated pink-ish bronze color. Plus, the blossoms are edible and quite tasty, the fanciest addition to your summer salad.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- DIFFICULTY Medium, likes good soil and regular water
- CLIMATE Prefers cool weather
- WATER Water regularly
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Water regularly. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
When the plant is about 12" tall you can 'pinch it' which is to pinch of the main middle bud so that the plant is encouraged to be bushier and more full of blooms as it matures.