Moonstone China Aster Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT2-4ft when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NameCallistephus chinensis
The Moonstone China Aster is an ephemeral silvery lilac color that is so sophisticated. We love the dusty bluish tone combined with the structured shape of these flowers, it's like a 90's prom dress.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic + edible
- CLIMATE Likes cool temperatures to bloom
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Stick in the dirt 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 8-12".
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun, and plant seeds 2" apart. If you have hot summers, plant where it will get afternoon shade.
When to Plant
Late spring, when the soil is warm, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms late summer until frost
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly to encourage more blooms.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.