Scorpio Garden Kit: 15 Plants
( / )
These are the plants for your Scorpio garden.
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES15 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot, 3 each of Corelli Yellow Lisianthus, Echo Lavender Lisianthus, Roseanne Brown Lisianthus, Light Voyage Apricot Lisianthus, and Hare's Foot Fern
Lisianthus, the Scorpio's spirit flower, is the backbone of this garden, naturally. Lisi are intricate, gorgeous plants, and the cut blooms bring many weeks of beauty to your bouquets. The trick? They take a long time to germinate, (don’t worry, we do that part for you), and once you plant them, they do require consistent feeding and watering, but with TLC these beauties will give you multiple bloomings and elevate your garden. To complement the layers of the Lisianthus, (Corelli Yellow, Echo Lavender, Roseanne Brown, Light Voyage Apricot), we added a Hare's Foot Fern. The absolute next-level garden. That bouquet is gonna make you hella happy.
15 young plants, 3 of each of these five varieties, for you to grow the garden of your dreams: Corelli Yellow Lisianthus, Echo Lavender Lisianthus, Roseanne Brown Lisianthus, Light Voyage Apricot Lisianthus, and Hare's Foot Fern.
- SUN Full sun to part shade
- HEIGHT Around 4ft when full grown
- SPACING 3x5 ft of garden space, 9-12" between plants
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATERWater regularly for more blooms
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms late spring through fall.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Mix and match in containers!