Benary's Princess Salmon Rose Aster Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING2" between seeds, thin to 9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-11
- INCLUDES30 seeds
- Botanical NameCallistephus chinensis
Benary's Princess Salmon Rose Aster is a sweet pink with a big ol center that sometimes leans yellow, surrounded by little petals. A little upside-down, but in a good way.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Likes cool temperatures to bloom, give it some shade if you get hot Summers
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seeds 2" apart, thin plants to about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-Summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.