Poppy Seed Bundle
( / )
- HEIGHT1-5ft when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the United States (zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES7 tubes of seeds: Amazing Grey Shirley Poppy, Mother of Pearl Shirley Poppy, Champagne Bubbles Pink Iceland Poppy, Thai Silk Apricot Chiffon California Poppy, Thai Silk Appleblossom Chiffon California Poppy, Black Swan Breadseed Poppy, Lilac Pompom Breadseed Poppy
Poppies are delicate, ephemeral beauties. This seed collection of 7 different types of Poppies will absolutely astound you, the colors are so magical. From the darkest of burgundy bordering on black, to a cherry wine colored dream. This seed mix contains 7 different types of Poppies, and what they all have in common is a desire to be direct-sown into the ground. Poppies do not liked to be transplanted, so just sow your seeds right into your garden or pot, water gently, and wait for the miracle. Bonus: Poppies like poor soil, so this is a beginner-friendly project.
Specific planting instructions are on each individual seed tube, but basic instructions are below.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSCan be grown in a container outdoors
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seeds 2" apart, thin plants to about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring, but when the ground is still cool.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.