Scabiosa Black Knight Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT36" when full grown
- SPACING2" between seeds, thin to 9-12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun or part shade
- ZONETender perennial in zones 3-9, can be grown as an annual elsewhere
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NameScabiosa atropurpurea
- Common NamePincushion
The rich burgundy color of Black Knight Scabiosa is so dark it's almost black, topped with lilac sprinkles. You can also boil the blooms for about 10 minutes to make an easy dye for your dainties.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/4" deep, 2" apart. Water gently & regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet Summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
In addition to dye, you can pound the blossoms on fabric to dye.