Black and White Garden Kit: 15 Plants
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES15 plants in 2.5" pots, 3 each of Love in a Mist Delft Blue, Roseanne Brown Lisianthus, Blue Glitter Eryngium, Potomac Dark Orange Snapdragons, and Zinderella Peach Zinnias
In the running for the world's most dramatic garden. Plus, all of these flowers are edible. This black and white garden will make your heart sing. Pot this up in a sleek planter or around your minimalist outdoor chairs.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 1-5ft when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Plant the Millet in the back and the violas in the front.