Cats White Viola
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameViola wittrockiana
White with purple vein patterns that look like whiskers and yellow centers, these lovely little gems really look like cats and we want to adopt them all. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 6" when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- CLIMATE Cold hardy and heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic + edible
- WATER Drought tolerant, but prefers even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms from early spring through early winter.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Edible petals - and delicious when candied.