Silver Drop Eucalyptus
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in March, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-7, tender perennial in zones 8-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameEucalyptus gunni
Silver Drop Eucalyptus is a beautiful foliage plant, native to Tasmania, and can be easily grown indoors. The sculptural branches are a modern shape for the garden or windowsill. The crisp, spicy scent is bright and soothing and the leaves are smooth and fleshy to the touch. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 3-5ft when full grown
- SPACING 12" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers inside and outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Here for the foliage.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Happy in hot, dry, poor soil.
Makes a great dried flower, with long-lasting color and scent.