I'Conia Lemon Berry Begonia
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameBegoniaceae
This begonia is anything but basic. This begonia is extra. She's a double bloomer, with gentle yellow-pink petals, but fierce, deep green and chartreuse variegated leaves. This begonia loves the shade but will bloom all spring, summer, and autumn long. This begonia mounds, trails, and grows great in beds or pots. This begonia's power animal is Lady Gaga. Do you have a place on your patio that doesn't get sun but you'd like to look totally fabulous? Great - get this begonia. You'll love it. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full shade, or part sun
- HEIGHT 12" when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- CLIMATE Cold hardy and heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Prefers even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly shade, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Early spring through frost.
This is a brand new flower to the world and has a lovely scent.