( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT5 ft when full grown
- SPACING12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade.
- ZONEPerennial, zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot.
- Botanical NameFoeniculum vulgare
Bronze Fennel has firecracker blooms in a muted yellow that bees adore, and the lacy leaves make a delicious addition to the kitchen garden. Funky bouquet filler as well! This guy can do it all.
- DEER Not deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Too tall for most containers.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Hummingbirds, butterflies, and pollinator's love Fennel.