Grace Godetia Mix
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT12-24" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual zones 3-18
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameClarkia amoena
- Common NameSatin flower
Godetia is rarely found for sale in garden centers, but it is very easy to grow and comes in incredible colors. This is a mix of Salmon, Lavender, and a lovely Pinkish Red.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Doesn't like extreme heat, give it part-shade if you get hot Summers.
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Early through mid-Summer.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
When the plant is about 12" tall you can 'pinch it' which is to pinch of the main middle bud so that the plant is encouraged to be bushier and more full of blooms as it matures.