Kiragami Ornamental Oregano
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT12" when full grown
- SPACING12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade.
- ZONEPerennial, zones 4-10
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot.
- Botanical NameOriganum kirigami
This fragrant but non-edible variety of oregano has sculptural cascading hop-shaped blooms that are a pale green to blush color. Low growing, it looks great in the foreground of the garden.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers and indoors.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
We're here for the foliage.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. And ask us any questions along the way.
A good choice for rock gardens, slopes, and containers.