Allium Schubertii Bulbs
( / )
- SPACING2" between bulbs
- LIGHTFull sun or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-9
- SHIPPINGBeginning in October
- INCLUDES12 bulbs in a cloth bag, with a wooden plant marker
- Common Namestar of Persia
Allium Schubertii are low growing but outrageously large bloomers, up to 18" across with a firecracker shape.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Needs freezing Winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 6" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets plenty of sun, and space bulbs about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the Fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms? Pick some mini bouquets?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.