Aquarius Garden Kit: 15 Plants
( / )
“She digs in her garden with a shovel and a spoon, she weeds her lazy lettuce by the light of the moon”
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES15 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot, 3 each of Moonstone Aster, Blue Glitter Eryngium, Echo Lavender Lisianthus, Fama Blue Scabiosa, Black Knight Scabiosa
Purples for you, darling! Scabiosa's dark pincushion blooms so you can dye your dainties a dusty periwinkle with the petals, and the rest of these friends in the same colorway will bring eccentric aunty vibes to your bouquets.
15 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot, 3 each of Moonstone Aster, Blue Glitter Eryngium, Echo Lavender Lisianthus, Fama Deep Blue Scabiosa, Black Knight Scabiosa
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 2-6ft when full grown
- SPACING 3x5 ft of garden space, 9-12" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Water regularly for more blooms
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms late spring through fall.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
All of these flowers make incredible cut flowers. This garden is a purple bouquet factory. Great for pollinators (purple is their fave color too).