( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial in zones 4-7, annual in other zones)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameAstrantia major
For a funky-chic, perennial-cottage garden, plant Astrantia Roma with Algerian Ivy, Baby's Breath Pacifica, Bellium Miniature Mat Daisy, and Gem Pink Antique Violas. We recommend containers. Oh, heavens, friends, it's going to look smashing! Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 18" when full grown
- SPACING 12" between plants
- CLIMATE Grows everywhere, prefers temperate environments
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Prefers even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil. It won't thrive in very dry conditions.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Clumps will grow slowly over the years, and can be divided to produce more plants. These particular plants don't self-seed.