Bellium Miniature Mat Daisy
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial zones 5-10, annual zones 4-2)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameBellium minutum
Bellium Miniature Mat Daisy, lover of shade and dappled light, abundant in blooms, produces countless teeny-tiny-half-inch-yet-perfect-white-and-yellow daisies. It's a dream ground cover, looks great below bigger plants in beds and pots, and can even take a trample here and there, if your dog or kid runs over it.
- SUN Full shade, or morning sun
- HEIGHT4" when full grown (18" spread)
- SPACING12-18" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATERPrefers regular water
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during very dry spells.
Allow soil to dry out between waterings.