Brown Girl Farms Garden Kit: 15 Plants
( / )
Ashlee specializes in seasonal produces, African American heritage crops, and unique cut flowers.
Grow this thoughtfully curated dahlia garden along with Ashlee and share in the joy of flower farming!
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES15 plants in 2.5" pots, 3 each of Love in a Mist Delft Blue, Roseanne Brown Lisianthus, Blue Glitter Eryngium, Potomac Dark Orange Snapdragons, and Zinderella Peach Zinnias
A joyful garden designed by Ashlee Johnson-Geisse of Brown Girl Farms. Love in a Mist Delft Blue has brush strokes of purple-ish blue atop white petals that makes it look like antique glazed pottery. The Blue Glitter Eryngium flowers are spiky, and will keep their color when dried for years. The delicate chocolate brown of Roseanne Brown Lisianthus is so unique, with just a hint of mauve undertone. Potomac Dark Orange Snapdragons, North American native flowers, are candy-like burnt orange and dark pink spikes of ruffled beauty. Zinderella Peach Zinnias are a warm peach crowd pleaser.
Includes 15 young plants, 3 of each of these five varieties, for you to grow the garden of your dreams: Love in a Mist Delft Blue, Roseanne Brown Lisianthus, Blue Glitter Eryngium, Potomac Dark Orange Snapdragons, and Zinderella Peach Zinnias.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 2-6ft when full grown
- SPACING 3x5 ft of garden space, 9-12" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer and autumn long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Mix and match in containers!