Chocolate Morning Glory
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT8ft when full grown
- SPACING6" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual in zones 2-7, perennial in zones 8-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameImpomoea nil
The blooms of the Chocolate Morning Glory have a white picotee edge, with some blooms being a pure rosey milk chocolate color without the white edging. The decorative leaves have a deep variegation. If you have something unsightly that needs covering up, this is the vine for the job! While it will self-seed, it is not invasive, unlike other types of Morning Glory.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Seeds can be toxic in large quantities
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 6" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet Summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Protect them from the wind, and provide them a trellis or structure to grow up. And ask us any questions along the way.
In hot climates, shade the roots with some low growing plants.