Columbine Pink Petticoat
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- ZONEAnnual, zones 3-9
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameAquilegia vulgaris
The Pink Petticoat Columbine is the sweetest shade of light rosey-pink, fading to white for an ombre effect, and the shape looks like a tiny bonnet. .
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Flowers are edible, roots are toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Prefers cool temps, and poor soil.
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets partial shade, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. If you don't want them to re-seed, pick the flowers before they set seed. And ask us any questions along the way.
Columbine is Colorado's state flower, Plantgem's home base:)