Edible and Deer Resistant Flower Seed Bundle
( / )
- HEIGHT1-4ft when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the United States (zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES6 tubes of seeds: White Kilimanjaro Marigold, Strawberry Blonde Marigold, Tip Top Alaska Nasturtium, Ivory Princess Calendula, Tower Chamois Apricot Aster, Chantilly Salmon Snapdragon
Edible, gorgeous, totally unique, *and* deer resistant. Ok then, it's perfect. Also, easy to grow. Ta dah. Blushy, warm colors for a soft cohesive vibe. Everything in here will make a beautiful garnish or addition to your salad, plus look lovely in a bouquet. If you want to up the game, you can also make a tea or salve with your Calendula (but not just any Calendula, folks, *it's white*) and make a dye with your Marigolds (but not just any Marigold, either, *it's strawberry blonde*).
Six types of seed tubes, individually packed in a little cotton bag, perfect for gifting, or keeping your potting bench organized (and stylish). Specific planting instructions are on each individual seed tube, but basic instructions are below.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETSEdible, non-toxic
- CLIMATE Likes warm summers
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seeds 2" apart, thin plants to about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.