Feather Top Grass
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NamePennisetum villosum
Feathertop Grass, Pennisetum villosum, has large creamy plumes up to 6" long for a lush Fall display on robust clumps of grass, and it gives your garden an ethereal quality when the light filters through it.
Feather Top Grass has large creamy plumes that grow up to 6" long in the late Summer atop robust clumps of grass. A beautiful addition to bouquets, and a big statement in the garden.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Will grow almost anywhere
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place with plenty of sun, and space plants 12" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer, into Winter.
Water regularly until they get established, and during dry spells. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry the grass, wait until the pollen sheds, and then leave in a cool dark room.