Flamingo Feather Celosia
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING18" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 2-9, Perennial zone 10-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameCelosia spicata
Flamingo Feather Celosia is a muted dusty pink that fades to blush as the blossom ages. The perfect addition to an understated garden palate.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer until frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry, simple harvest after the pollen sheds and hand someplace cool and dry.