( / )
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-8
- SHIPPINGBeginning in fall
- INCLUDES12 bulbs in a cloth bag, with a wooden plant marker
- Common NamePersian Lily
Fritillaria Persica are moody spikes of bell shaped, deep purple blooms on striking, towering mint-colored foliage.
- HEIGHT 3-4 feet
- SPACING 8-12" between bulbs
- LIGHT Full sun or part-shade
- DEER Not deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- CLIMATE Needs freezing winter temps to bloom
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side or indentation up with any dried roots remaining on the other side pointing down, about 6" deep. Not sure which way is which? Plant them sideways - they'll sort it out themselves. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets partial shade, and space bulbs about 8-12" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
Water once sprouts appear, if soil is very dry.
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.