Frosted Explosion Grass Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT36" when full grown
- SPACINGPlant 6 seeds in a group, spaced 12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NamePanicum Elegans
Frosted Explosion Grass is a radically beautiful backdrop for your Summer and Fall garden. Huge wild plumes of shimmery seed pods look like fiber optic wands, glistening in the sun.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck a cluster of 6 seeds 1/4" deep into the soil to make a clump of grass. Space clumps 1' apart. Water gently and regularly over the next 2 weeks
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and thin plants to about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer through Winter
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry plumes, wait until the pollen sheds and then store in a cool dark place.