Gen Z Bulb Bundle
( / )
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-8
- SHIPPINGBeginning in fall
- INCLUDES72 bulbs, 6 varieties, 12 bulbs per variety, each in a cloth bag with a wooden plant marker: Allium Christophii, Avignon Tulip, Tom Pouce Tulip, Pink Sunrise Muscari, Giant Snowflake, and Minnow Daffodil
6 bags of 12 bulbs each, 72 bulbs total: Allium Christophii, Avignon Tulip, Tom Pouce Tulip, Pink Sunrise Muscari, Giant Snowflake, and Minnow Daffodil. All of these fall planted flowers will bloom in the spring. Fragrant, great for cutting, this mix is spring vibes in a box. Save with the bundle, and make an impact in the garden!
- HEIGHT 4-24"
- SPACING 2-12" between bulbs
- LIGHT Full sun or part-shade
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Needs cool winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulbs in, pointy side up, about 6" deep (roughly 3 times the size of the bulbs) and about 3" apart. You can plant them closer for a fuller display, but be sure the bulbs don't touch. Now fill in the soil, give it a few solid pats so it compresses around the bulbs, then give it a long drink of water. Mark that pot or spot with your wooden plant marker so you know where your flowers live now. Wait for spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun.
When to Plant
If planting in a cold region, plant in the fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time. If planting in a warm region, (zones 9 and warmer), place your bulbs in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator, in the bags they came in, by themselves (without other produce). Remove from fridge after at least 6 weeks and plant in late winter.
When to Expect Blooms
Water when soil is dry, once leaves appear.
If planting in a container, be sure the pot has ample drainage. Fill the bottom 2-3" of the pot with pebbles to prevent clogging. Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back late spring, so that the bulb can store energy for the next year's blooms. When picking flowers for bouquets, be sure to leave at least one leaf per plant.