( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial zones 5-10, annual zones 4-2)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameSelaginella kraussiana
Más moss, please! Golden Spikemoss looks like minuscule, chartreuse ferns growing all in a little happy mound. Stick it in a jar and carry it around with you. Call it your therapy moss. Tell people it's friendly and safe to approach. Open the jar and breathe in the humid, earthy lusciousness. Repeat daily. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full shade, or indirect sun
- HEIGHT4" when full grown (6-14" spread)
- SPACING6-14" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat tolerant, but prefers cool, moist environments
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, can take a trample
- WATERPrefers regular water
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers inside and outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly shade, in well a moist
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Here for the foliage.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during very dry spells.
If you're growing your moss indoors, be sure to spritz it with a mist of water regularly - it requires humidity to be happy and healthy.