Jewel Cherry Rose Nasturtium
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT16" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 4-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameTropaeolum majus
Jewel Cherry Rose Nasturtium forms a low vine about 16" tall, you can give it something to grow up or it or will happily drape over the front of a pot or hanging basket. Blossoms cover the plant, with the absolute perfect shade of hot pink - vibrant and fun with a cherry hue. The peppery, edible blossoms make a fun addition to your garden; garnish salads and drinks all Summer long.
- DEER Not deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Likes a bit of shade in hot climates
- WATER Regular water
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside or indoors.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet Summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Hummingbirds, butterflies, and pollinator's love Nasturtium.