Misty Cloud Maidenhair Fern
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, or after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-8, evergreen indoors and zones 8-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameAdiantum raddianum Ultragracillimum
Misty Cloud Maidenhair has fine, lacy leaves that flutter in the gentlest breeze. New growth comes up in a rosy pink color and turns to a rich Kelly green. Great for indoors or on a shady porch. In a hanging planter, tendrils will grow up to several feet long. We love the movement and texture of this fern, and its laid back, tropical vibe. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full shade, or part sun
- HEIGHT 2-3ft when full grown
- SPACING 18" between plants
- CLIMATE Prefers mild, consistent temperatures and humidity
- DEER Somewhat deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Requires even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers inside and outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly shade, in well draining soil. We recommend planting in 12" pots or shady window boxes.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
We're here for the foliage.
Do be sure to keep the soil evenly moist, but not saturated. In cold winter regions, bring your fern indoors before the first frost. In mild winter regions, water less frequently if kept outdoors.