Red Bunny Tail Grass
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING18" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade.
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-7, perennial zones 8-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot.
- Botanical NamePennisetum massaicum,
Bunny Tail Grass is a low growing variety, perfect for the front of a cutting garden. The autumnal rosy buff color of the plumes is a showstopper. They can be brought in, or left to dry on the plant for winter interest.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants at least 18" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer, into Winter.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry the grass, wait until the pollen sheds, and then leave in a cool dark room.