Sea Oats Grass
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT4-5 ft when full grown
- SPACING24" between plants
- LIGHTFull or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameUniola paniculata,
Sea Oats Grass is one of the rare ornamental grasses that prefer shade. The leaves and pods mature to a copper color after frost for Winter interest in the garden. Hardy perennial that will make a statement in the garden.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Will grow almost anywhere
- WATER Likes regular water.
- INDOOR+POTS Too large for most containers.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place in the shade or part-shade with well-draining soil, and space plants at least 18" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer, into Winter.
Water regularly until they get established, and prefers regular water as it grows. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry the grass, wait until the pollen sheds, and then leave in a cool dark room.