Super Cactus Senorita Zinnia
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameZinnia elegans
Zinnias are marvels that look hand-made; both elegant and outlandish. Tropical pink with curled petals - sort of frilly, sort of spiky - they are right up our alley and down for our dirt. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 2-3ft when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Hummingbirds, butterflies, and pollinators love Zinnias.