Sunday Red Wine Celosia
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT36" when full grown
- SPACING12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 2-9, Perennial zone 10-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameCelosia plumosa
We love the feathery plumes and pink burgundy color of the Sunday Red Wine Celosia. With blooms all Summer long, this adds a brilliant show of color to the garden.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer until frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Makes a great dried flower, just store the plumes someplace cool and dark for all season bouquets.