Tower Violet Aster
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade.
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot.
- Botanical NameCallistephus chinensis
Tower Violet Aster is an electric color that just sings in the garden and attracts all the pollinators.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Likes cool temperatures to bloom, give it some shade if you get hot Summers.
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-Summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.