Trio of Aster Seed Bundle
( / )
- HEIGHT4-6ft when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 seed tubes, Matsumoto White Tipped Blue, Moonstone, Valkyrie Pink
- Botanical Name Asteraceae
Grab a trio of our fave end-of-summer-early-fall show-offs, a trio of three varieties of glorious Aster seeds for late summer blooms. Includes: Matsumoto White Tipped Blue, Moonstone, and Valkyrie Pink Asters.
Specific planting instructions are on each individual seed tube, but basic instructions are below.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- CLIMATE Likes cool temperatures to bloom, give it some shade if you get hot summers
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seeds 2" apart, thin plants to about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-Summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.