Wonderous Brown Lisianthus
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT24-48" when full grown
- SPACING12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual zones 2-7, perennial zones 8-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameEustoma
- Common NamePrairie gentian
Wonderous Brown Lisianthus is a beautiful buff color gently lined with a cranberry rim, with a dark burgundy center. Lisianthus blooms take extra-care, but are worth the effort, there's nothing else like it!
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Difficult! Lisi like to be spoiled
- CLIMATE Likes sun, but needs some shade in high heat
- WATER Regular water
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, or part-shade in hot climates, and space plants about 12" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet Summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Lisianthus like rich well draining soil, mix in some compost before you plant.