Purple Emperor Nasturtium Seeds
( / )
Nasturtium is a fun addition to your garden, with mounds of blooms to garnish salads and drinks all Summer long. An ornamental addition to a vegetable or herb garden.
Includes 25 seeds
- HEIGHT8" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NameTopaeolum majus
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- CLIMATE Likes some shade in hot zones
- WATER Water regularly
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside or indoors
How to Plant
Soak seeds overnight, then plant 1/2" deep, spaced 8" apart. Water regularly.
Where to Plant
Full sun or part shade.
When to Plant
Late spring, when the soil is warm, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers to encourage more blooms.
Semi-trailing, great for hanging baskets.