Allium Christophii Bulbs
( / )
- SPACING2" between bulbs
- LIGHTFull sun or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-9
- SHIPPINGBeginning in October
- INCLUDES12 bulbs
- Common Namestar of Persia
Allium Christophii creates a few enormous 10" diameter blooms in a dusty purple color. The blooms can be left in place for a year-round statement in the garden or cut for dried bouquets.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Needs freezing Winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 6" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 8" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the Fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.