Crocus Saffron Bulbs
( / )
- SPACING4" between bulbs
- LIGHTFull sun or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial in zones 6-10, Annual in zones 3-5
- INCLUDES10 bulbs in a cloth bag with a wooden plant marker
- Botanical NameCrocus sativus
Saffron Crocus is a Fall blooming bulb, unlike most Crocus bulbs which bloom in the Spring. But, behold, this pretty little friend has bright orange stamen of saffron. Harvest in the morning and dry the treasured spice to use in your soon-to-be-famous paella.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Full sun and mild winters
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in the Fall when growing
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 3" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 4" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the fall, within 3 days of receiving them.
When to Expect Blooms
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.