Snowflake Aestivum Giant Bulbs
( / )
- SPACING3" between bulbs
- LIGHTFull sun or part-shade
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-9
- INCLUDES12 bulbs in a cloth bag, with a wooden plant marker
- Botanical NameLeucojum aestivum
12 Bulbs: These Snowflakes, Leucojum Aestivum Gravetye Giant, are like big Lily of the Valley, with green-dotted nodding blooms in the early Spring, a beautiful fragrance, but with tall stately stems that just beg to brought indoors for a Spring bouquet.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Does not need freezing winter temps to grow. Full sun or part shade
- WATER Likes moist soil
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 6" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 4" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the Fall.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid to late Spring, around the same time as Tulips.
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms?
Snowdrops will naturalize and spread when they're happy, for a woodland-carpet effect.