Pink Cutting Garden Kit: 12 Plants
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES12 plants in 2.5" pots, 3 each of Apricotta Cosmos, Lisianthus Voyage 2 Pink, Potomac Appleblossom Snapdragons, and Ptilotus Joey Improved
An easy-to-grow, tone-on-tone pink cutting garden, including 15 plants (3 per variety). We chose this combo for the mix of colors and textures, to keep your bouquets interesting but cohesive.
Includes 12 young plants, 3 of each of these 4 varieties, for you to grow the garden of your dreams: Apricotta Cosmos, Lisianthus Voyage 2 Pink, Potomac Appleblossom Snapdragons, and Ptilotus Joey Improved.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 1-4ft
- SPACING 3x5 ft of garden space, 9-12" between plants
- CLIMATESun loving; prefers more arid environments, but will grow anywhere
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms late spring through fall.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Suggested order, front to back: Lisianthus, Joey Improved, Cosmos, Snapdragon