Pollinators Garden Kit: 15 Plants
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES15 plants in 2.5" pots, 3 each of Bunny Tail Grass, Fama Deep Blue Scabiosa, Kiragami Ornamental Oregano, Freckles Viola, and Potomac Lavendar Snapdragon
Happy to introduce you to a beautiful garden with a lovely variety of heights, a coherent color palette, a pleasing variety of textures, all with the connecting thread of being the favorite of everyone's favorite: THE BEES! Bees prefer purples, blues, and bright greens. And we prefer a happy bee population. Plant the Violas and Oregano to the front of your container or garden bed, then the stout Bunny Tail Grass, and the Snapdragon and Fama Scabiosa should go towards the back. **It's going to look amazing**
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT1-5ft when full grown
- SPACING 3x5 ft of garden space, 9-12" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer and autumn long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Good quality soil will make all these plants extra happy.